Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It is easier to do when you have a goal and plan in sight

I hope everyone is doing well on their weight loss journey! I will be uploading some success stories soon, of how much people have saved by insuring their jeans, and how well they have done and what they have done to succeed.

Here is just one tip I have found helpful in getting back on the "fitness" wagon. I seem to workout more when I have an end goal in site, like a 5K, or a fitness competition, or a triathlon, etc.... However - once I reach my end goal I decide to take a very long unnecessary break- which will stop NOW! I encourage each or you to look for an end goal to get you consistently working out and eating right, and then just stick with it-- make it a habit for good.

Here are 2 goals that I think are a great start. The first is Couch to 5K - if you are not a natural runner like me, this plan is great!

Another great plan is the 6 weeks to 100 push-ups challenge. I'm personally taking this one on right now! So far so good!

Getting to a healthy lifestyle takes one day at a time, until you have reached the point of habit, and then you just have to stick with it-- and not take super long breaks. It is much easier to fall off then get back on.

Good luck and I would love to hear what your goal is that is helping you be consistent in working out and staying in shape!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just came upon your blog and I think it's great! I'm looking into losing weight, and your page is an inspiration. Thank you.

Bertie said...

I wish you all the luck in losing weight and getting the body you have always wanted! If you need to insure any jeans, let me know.

Nisha said...

Bertie, I love your blog! I'm so excited....some of my friends from my walking group are going to start the 100 push-up challenge NOW and start the couch to 5 K program at the end of the summer and run a Halloween 5 K at the end of October. Thanks for the links to these awesome websites!